Geo Watkins: Mushroom ketchup

Mushroom ketchup.. yes you read that correctly! Not what you would really expect, you think mushrooms mixed with tomato sauce but it is nothing like that! Mushroom ketchup has a unique taste and can be used in so many dishes.

I was so excited to try it and now I can’t imagine not having it in my kitchen haha. It is great to use if you are making your own sauce for something like a pie or wanted a sauce for a steak. You can also add it to soup. You can pretty much add it to whatever you like!

It gives your dish a really nice mushroom flavour without being to overpowering and you an use as much or as little as you like. It is quite thin in consistency, I would have expected it to be thick like ketchup from the name but it is more like a vinegar and so easy to add to your meals. It reminds me slightly of worcester sauce flavour.

It is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

You can get it in most supermarkets and if you keep your eye on my Instagram I will be hosting a competition for you to win a couple of bottles to try 🙂

Have you ever heard of this before?

Sarah x

Share:

11 Comments

1. Shannon Baker August 22, 2019 / 12:16 pm

Oooooh this sounds so awesome, I love the vintage packaging as well!

2. Adehe Fredrick August 23, 2019 / 1:48 am

Haven’t tried this before. After all stuffs like this are not common in my part of the world.

3. Sophie August 23, 2019 / 9:38 am

I’ve never heard of this, and probably with try it since I’m not a fan of mushrooms 😂 but it sounds like something my sisters would love

Sophie | http://www.sophiesspot.co.uk

4. Laura'sLife 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴 August 24, 2019 / 8:06 pm

I’ve never heard of this before. I’m not sure I’d like it as I don’t like mushroom but I’d be open to trying it. Thanks for sharing x

5. Bakey Doesn't Bake August 24, 2019 / 10:07 pm

This sounds interesting – Fab packaging too!

Sammy x
    bakeydoesntbake.com

6. Bethany Jane August 25, 2019 / 3:51 pm

Wow I’ve never heard of mushroom ketchup, but it sounds very intriguing! I really like the packaging on the bottles too, very stylish!
    Beth x Adventure & Anxiety

7. pixellatxd August 25, 2019 / 5:10 pm

Definitely not sure how I feel about this, mushrooms are one of my least-liked foods! I absolutely love the packaging design though! xx

8. Boxnip August 29, 2019 / 1:11 pm

Love the packaging on these. I’m not a fan of mushrooms so I’m not sure this would be something I’d like but I think some of my family would like it. 🙂

Sarah 🌺 || Boxnip || Latest Post